While one side is saying that Islam is a peaceful religion, the other side is saying Islam is filled with violence. Which side is correct? Let's take a look into this.
First, let's take a look at the Quran.
What does it say about violence, or killing infidels? Let's take a look:
191. And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing. And fight not with them at Al-Masjid-al-Haram (the sanctuary at Makkah), unless they (first) fight you there. But if they attack you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.
192. But if they cease, then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
193. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allah (Alone). But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)
244. And fight in the Way of Allah and know that Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower.
216. Fighting is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know.
151. We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, because they joined others in worship with Allah, for which He had sent no authority; their abode will be the Fire and how evil is the abode of the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers).
What about slavery? Let's look:
50. O Prophet (Muhammad)! Verily, We have made lawful to you your wives, to whom you have paid their Mahr (bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage), and those (captives or slaves) whom your right hand possesses - whom Allah has given to you, and the daughters of your 'Amm (paternal uncles) and the daughters of your 'Ammah (paternal aunts) and the daughters of your Khal (maternal uncles) and the daughters of your Khalah (maternal aunts) who migrated (from Makkah) with you, and a believing woman if she offers herself to the Prophet, and the Prophet wishes to marry her; a privilege for you only, not for the (rest of) the believers. Indeed We know what We have enjoined upon them about their wives and those (captives or slaves) whom their right hands possess, - in order that there should be no difficulty on you. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
24. Also (forbidden are) women already married, except those (captives and slaves) whom your right hands possess. Thus has Allah ordained for you. All others are lawful, provided you seek (them in marriage) with Mahr (bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage) from your property, desiring chastity, not committing illegal sexual intercourse, so with those of whom you have enjoyed sexual relations, give them their Mahr as prescribed; but if after a Mahr is prescribed, you agree mutually (to give more), there is no sin on you. Surely, Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise.
What the Quran says about women's worth:
223. Your wives are a tilth for you, so go to your tilth... (tilth is a piece of land)
3. And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan-girls, then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three, or four but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one or (the captives and the slaves) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from doing injustice.
Here is a read from another text of Mohammed, Sunan Abu Dawud, from the Sunnah, about homosexuality:
If a man who is not married is seized committing sodomy, he will be stoned to death.
If people think that Islam is a religion of peace, then why do Islamic texts indicate otherwise? Also, if the leftists are for women's equality, LBTQ equality, and freedom to practice what they believe, why do many of them support Islam? As we believe in the Catholic Church, homosexuality is indeed wrong, but we do not believe in going to the extreme to try to get people to think otherwise. We must be merciful to sinners.
"Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy." - Matthew 5:7
"For freedom Christ set us free; so stand firm and do not submit again to the yoke of slavery." - Galatians 5:1
"There is no partiality with God." - Romans 2:11
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind, because it is an abomination." - Leviticus 18:22
"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone..." - John 8:7
"Islam is a dangerous religion." - Michel Houellebecq